Lobster Disque is split into three sections:
SECTION ONE : FdM’s first gig revisited...live recordings from the Summer Fruits de Mer Alldayer at The Borderline, August 2013
1. Stay - ‘Super Heavy Soul Mammoth Explosion’ (3:33) written by the band
2. Sendelica - 'It Happened One Sunday Afternoon In Wales' (9:08) written by the band
SECTION TWO : Tracks from recent Fruits de Mer releases that you won’t have heard this way before...
3. Vespero - ‘Careful With That Axe, Eugene’ - the full version (8:53)
Russia’s Vespero had to chop a minute from the Pink Floyd cover for their FdM 7”, here it is in its entirety
4. Crystal Jacqueline - ‘Puppets’ - psychedelic mix (4:00)
A different mix to the version of the Curved Air track that is on ‘Crystal Jacqueline and The Honey Pot’
5. Schnauser - ‘Astral Traveller ‘- the full version (5:30)
Blame me again - i asked the band to edit their Yes cover so i could press their FdM 7” at 45 rpm
6. Jack Ellister ‘The Man With The Biochopper’ - demo (3:32)
The title track from Jack’s first single on FdM, but this is a raw demo from about 10 years ago - already compelling (written by Jack)
SECTION THREE : More exclusive/essential sounds by some FdM favourites...
7. The Luck Of Eden Hall - ‘The Curb’ (3:40) (written by Curvey)
taken from their soundtrack to the film 'The Stream' - not released commercially
8. Jay Tausig - ‘Hallucinating Light’ (6:35) one-man band Jay’s interpretation of Roy Harper’s song
9. The Seventh Ring Of Saturn - ‘Turn to Straw’ (5:00)
a newly-recorded version of the Ohio Express obscure album track from 1968
10. Anton Barbeau/Three Minute Tease - ‘Morning Sun’ (4:50) A new song from Ant and his band - and it features Nick Saloman guesting on lead guitar
11. Kamille Sharapodinov - ‘Rainbow Song’ (3:05) written by Kamille,
the Grand Astoria’s lead guy with a track from his album, ‘Microcosmos Chronicles’
12. Us and Them - 'We Are Sacred' (3:20) this self-penned song didn’t quite make it onto their new single
13. Permanent Clear Light - ‘Refugees’ (6:12)
Finland’s finest with a cover of the Van De Graaf Generator song that hasn’t made it onto FdM vinyl (yet)
14. Magic Mushroom Band - ‘Eight Miles High’ - Swordfish edit (3:08)
The Magic Mushroom Band recorded this Byrds classic 25 years ago, with Nigel Eaton on hurdy gurdy; now Astralasia’s Swordfish has edited it to create an instrumental especially for this compilation
...all in all, not bad for a freebie?
All copyrights reserved 2014
...hear the tracks.. ..buy the vinyl.. ..smell the fish...